Legal Expertise

Legal Expertise

For more than 50 years, Tripp, Tagg, & Storrs has been achieving justice and providing innovative solutions for the toughest family, criminal, and business problems in Hastings, Allegan, Grand Rapids, and Kalamazoo, Michigan. Our team of attorneys and supporting staff are singularly dedicated to helping our clients achieve their legal goals and gain peace of mind. No two cases are alike — that is why we collaborate and form a strategic approach to each case to ensure we find the right solution. We are proud to be the advocates that you need, with the experience you can trust. 

Estate Planning


Estate planning is one of the most important steps any person can take to make sure that their final property and health care wishes are honored, and that loved ones are provided for in their absence. Though often overlooked or put off in favor of more immediate concerns, a comprehensive estate plan can resolve a number of legal questions that arise whenever anyone dies: What is the state of their financial affairs? What real and personal property do they own? Who gets what? Does a personal guardian need to be appointed to care for minor children? How much tax will need to be paid in order to transfer property ownership? What funeral arrangements are appropriate? Our office will assist you with all of these issues now so that your loved ones do not have to worry about them if or when the worst should happen.


When you lose a loved one many questions and concerns are sure to present themselves. There are numerous rules and regulations implemented by the State of Michigan that dictate how an estate is administered depending on if there is a Last Will and Testament, some form of Trust or nothing at all. No matter what the case, it is vital to have a representative on your side that can guide you through the process and paperwork efficiently and effectively. Our goal is to help you through the court system and paperwork required to properly administer the estate and allow you to worry about the more important emotional issue that are sure to be involved during a difficult time of your life.


If an adult becomes unable to handle day-to-day financial or medical affairs, someone else must step in to take care of things. If the incapacitated person planned ahead and signed durable powers of attorney for finances and health care, the person named in those documents can take charge. However, if no planning has been done -- a common situation -- then family members must ask a court to appoint a conservator or guardian. This person will have the court-ordered authority and responsibility to manage the incapacitated person's affairs. We will assist you in getting the appropriate court orders to give you the ability to care for your loved one's medical and/or financial needs.

Family Law
Lake Law
Real Estate
Personal Injury
Probate Process
Drivers License Restoration
Criminal Law